View Single Post
      06-24-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
mugsix
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 M50i

Annoying Issue with A/C Not Cooling Consistently

I've had an intermittent problem with my A/C for the past few months. I picked the car up in March so it's likely the problem was present prior to the temps rising here in the NE.

Generally the A/C works perfectly, often starting to blow cold air before I even leave my driveway. However, on occasion it simply blows hot air (likely just ambient air temp). Sometimes this persists for several drives. Other times, 5, 10, even 15 minutes into the drive it starts blowing cold air with no intervention on my part.

I've tried searching on here for someone with my specific issue and I haven't seen anything. I'd love for this to be user error, but I think I've tried everything! I've read about setting the vent temperature in the menu and that's not my issue. I have taken it to the dealer twice, and both times the A/C started working as I left to drop it off for the service appointment. Once, I started driving to the dealer when the problem was present only to have it start working as I exited the highway near the dealer.

The dealer claims that there's nothing they can do unless the "see the problem". They checked for errors reported by the system and can't find any evidence of an issue. My fear is even if I take the car to them when it's exhibiting the problem, it will begin working before they can troubleshoot it.

I consider myself to be a patient person with regard to a lot of the glitches with the car and have hesitated to post about this until I exhausted other options. At this point I'm getting REALLY impatient. I've resorted to leaving VMs for my service advisor every time it doesn't work in a passive aggressive attempt to get him to pay attention. When it's working it's perfect, but it's like a roll of the dice every time I get in the car. Considering the $$$ spent on this thing, I just find this whole think unacceptable, but I think I might not be making enough of a stink with the dealer.

Thoughts?