Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPuitG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
If you put the car on adaptive or hybrid and you program your trip on the navigation the car should keep the battery automatically for the parts of the trip in the city and use the ICE on the highway. Driving a constant speed on the highway doesn't use al lot of battery anyway.

So if you program your trip you shouldn't have to use battery hold. If you are not able to charge at your destination you can also program the return trip. The car will program battery use so that it should be nearly empty on arrival back home and maximal use of the battery in the city.
The main downside being that in adaptive the ICE will turn on above 110 kph. This means that is you have a 35km trip but 25km is on highways at 120 or 130kph, the electric engine will not be used. Even though at a constant 130kph the consumption is lower than my average so I put it in Electric mode manually to make maximum use of it.
That is correct indeed. I have set electric individual as start up mode. For short trips I stay all electric. For longer trips I switch to adaptive. If the last part is nearly the remaining battery range and I can charge at destination is switch back to electric like you mention.
Appreciate 0