Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebseb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
I don't understand the logic behind them locking the audio system into the highest engine configuration. I'm pretty sure the upgrade "upgrade" audio system was always available across all trims. It makes them money and is a good option for people who are happy with the smaller engine but really want good sound and all of the other amenities. Makes no sense to me to have to spend that much extra just to have the option to get good sound. Maybe the B&W option just isnt selling well on the lower trims? imo, they should make the B&W system as standard equipment.
Interestingly, in Canada you can get the B&W package on the 2021 45e which means it has nothing to do with supplier constraint specially since they make the damn cars here in the US.

Did BMW just want to piss people off? Why on earth would you remove luxury features on a car that is suppose to be luxury?

This car was something I was very excited about for and they just ruined it. Also what the hell with the 30 miles electric range? didn't they say 40-50?
Hopefully this is a one off type situation for this year or the next couple of years as the world resets.

Nevermind the driving dynamics, I am in love with the brand for how well idrive works and their continued design reliance on having physical buttons for the most used functions.

I'm used to the luxury features and I don't want to upgrade to the bigger engine but unless I find an alternative in the next two years who has as good an integrated system as the bmw, I guess I'll have to. Hopefully there'll be enough push back from us inline 6 brand loyalists for them to stop shortchanging us with each update. Hoping my21 is just an unexplainable anomaly and not a trend
Appreciate 0