Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
I noticed that my remote 3d view has stopped working after recent OTA upgrade. There is no error as such and all the steps in Refresh View are completed successfully but there seems to be an issue with rendering the surroundings. Car is shown in grey area without any surroundings.

Anyone else faced this issue and managed to resolve it?
This happened to mine once or twice. It seems a camera or two failed to work so those sides will have blacked out rendering. You can verify if we had the same issue by going to Gallery, choose the date when you took the 3D view and click on the address (top). Normally there should be 4 wide angle photos. In my case only 2 cameras were able to capture images. See photos when it worked and not.
Interesting! I just see blank surroundings in these images. Even the old one which were displayed correctly now appear with blank surrounding.
I believe this is app issue rather than car issue. Possibly due to iOS 14 beta I am using.
If you're using Beta 2 or earlier, it's due to AVFoundation not available. Specifically, AVAssetDownloadTask – session used to download HTTP Live Streaming assets.

Without AVFoundation, no assets can be captured or displayed

Release note issue for Beta 2 and earlier:
AVAssetDownloadTask options, AVAssetDownloadTaskMinimumRequiredPresentationSize Key, and AVAssetDownloadTaskAllowHighDynamicRangeKey are currently unavailable.

BMW ConnectedDrive uses AVFoundation:
AVFoundation Capture subsystem provides a common high-level architecture for video, photo, and audio capture services in iOS and macOS. Use this system if you want to:

Build a custom camera UI to integrate shooting photos or videos into your app's user experience.

Produce different results than the system camera UI, such as RAW format photos, depth maps, or videos with custom timed metadata.

Get live access to pixel or audio data streaming directly from a capture device.

TLDR; Upgrade to Beta 3 should fix it

Resolved in iOS & iPadOS 14 beta 3

AVAssetDownloadTask options, AVAssetDownloadTaskMinimumRequiredPresentationSize Key, and AVAssetDownloadTaskAllowHighDynamicRangeKey are now available.

Appreciate 2
OzJedi107.00
Cooltones241.00