View Single Post
      08-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #14
MadSpirit
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
This sounds normal for the amount of travel. You might be bottoming out the shock or springs. I don't have speed bumps anywhere near by to test out a comparison.
Not even close to their limits. What is confusing me - no compression sound in front. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Although you're not cornering the ticking sound does seem to have similar characteristics with the following SIB. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...74009-9999.pdf.

I suggest you ask your dealer to at least take a look at this as a possible cause of the ticking sound.
Will forward to dealer, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
Hi OP - I have heard this too in mine. Almost sounds like something is broken or loose. Only occurs above a certain speed (but I haven't done any specific tests - just ah that's weird, and if I'm going slow, no sound). I would say I'm going an appropriate speed for speed humps, certainly under the 25 mph limit.
I will continue my tests on other road surfaces. 2 weeks till my 3rd visit to dealer... queues here. Soon I will get report from dealer about first inspection and repair, will post information here.
Can somebody please test their car if possible?
Appreciate 0