Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
If you're not running iOS Beta, it's something else that's causing the issue - either the service is down or connection issue.

If you're running iOS Beta, I wouldn't expect BMW Connected to be able to assist or troubleshoot app issues - features in apps won't necessarily work given a lot of the changes in iOS 14 Beta. My rule for Beta, either install it on a spare phone and never install Beta on your personal phone where you need everything to work.
Yes, completely agree with you that Beta software should be installed on spare phones or take a risk of broken apps and features on primary phone.

Whole purpose of beta is to get feedback on and iron out these issues. So BMW need to fix this rendering issue before iOs 14 is generally available or soon after, as beta tester we can provide feedback but shouldn't expect it to fix it soon.
How has your experience been submitting bug reports to BMW and having anyone actually even take a bug report from you?

In my experience, BMW Canada actively refused to accept my detailed bug reports with videos, etc. So while the theory of beta you state is accurate, the practice is generally not. Hence I now only participate in beta and submit bugs to vendors that provably listen.