08-23-2020, 12:52 AM   #30
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwboulder2 View Post
FWIW I don't select any driving mode, but I always drive in "S" or "M" never in " D". The manual does discuss the Mild-Hybrid having a coasting mode but it only engages with transmission in "D". Something could have shown on the instrument cluster that I just didn't notice.
If you drive in S or M you have switched the gear into sport mode and ASS is switched off.

Auto start stop is an essential part for fuel economy (and comfort) in hybrid functioning. Not having it doesn't make sense in a hybrid. Part of the functionality, like mentioned above is being able the switch of the ICE while slowing down for a traffic light (without hybrid technology it would only switch off at full stop)

The 45e doesn't have a have switch for ASS either. It is impossible to switch of. The button is replaced by a battery control button. But you don't need that in the mild hybrid.

I guess they took away the ability to switch off ASS in the mild hybrids just like in the 45e.

You can overrule it by switching the gear to sport like you did.

Ps. If you only have your car for 2 days shouldn't you wait a bit before driving in sport mode all day?
Appreciate 0