08-25-2020, 12:40 AM   #59
JonnyCrash
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: VW GTI, BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorttt View Post
"Removed due to government regulations" always reminds me that when insurance premium increases for no reasons, the agent tells you that "because you live in New York City and there are more cars on the roads, so the probability of getting into an accident is higher." Yes, this happened to me once from Geico and I immediately switched to another company.
But that's EXACTLY how insurance premiums are calculated: based on probability of getting into an accident. The number of cars on the road in your area is directly correlated to the number of accidents and possibility of being involved in one...

As for the "no reason", well, there's always a reason. Could be a change in their assessment of New York traffic, a change in your situation, a larger number of claims in your area, an increase in the amount of cars of your type being stolen, inflation, new taxes or fees, etc. etc. etc. The reason may not be good, but I'm sure its there. It's ALWAYS good to keep shopping around for new companies though, because they all do different calculations and all adjust premiums from time to time. Insurance: one of the greatest scams you're required to take part in.
Appreciate 1
volodp196.50