View Single Post
      08-25-2020, 01:52 AM   #60
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

When I had my F15, I could always control auto start/stop by applying light brake or push it all the way down. It was very easy, so I did not mind it too much so I did not find the need the code it off, I coded bunch of other stuff though.

Does G05 have the same type of full control over brakes where you can keep it lightly pressed at traffic light or intersection so X5 stops but does not turn off?

I hate Auto Start/Stop because there has been multiple instances where I came to a stop, trying to turn left on 2-way road, rolling downhill, I would creep forward and turn when cars climb up slower. With Auto SS, sometimes I end up getting stuck there waiting for it to restart because it just decided to stop when I was rolling (this has been an issue with Q7's and some X5's in the past, actually stopping the engine before the vehicle comes to a complete stop)

So dealer & manufacturer actually thinks this totally unsafe and possible dangerous function is too important to maintain reported fuel economy, and does not let the driver control their car completely. It's like telling me I cannot turn off auto wipers that sometimes unnecessarily starts wiping and causing smear/mud/freeze in the winter. At least we can still control those. "Switch to Sport mode" is not really a valid option, when I am on stop and go, Sport mode is way too jerky.