View Single Post
      09-11-2020, 12:39 AM   #32
RJJJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmaverick View Post
My 2020 X5 M50 is doing the exact same thing. Started 6 weeks ago, complained to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong...told me to let the vehicle cool off for 15 when I start the car. (Hell no.) Weeks later it started happening again and didn't correct itself in 3 days so I took it back in and they kept it for 2 hours then told me they needed to order a compressor. It arrived weeks later, took it in and they kept my vehicle for 6 days. Just today they let me know that the compressor replacement wasn't approved by BMW and they did a "software update." This was today so I don't know if this fixed it or not. Couldn't be more pissed off about having intermittent A/C in the middle of the summer!
What kind of software update? Can we do it via remote software update? Or it has to be in the dealership? My AC sometimes slow to kick in, especially when cold starts the car. The first 5 mins or so has no AC, no matter what settings I change, but then the AC always comes back without me doing anything so far... Very annoying during summer I thinks his is more likely to be a software issue, since I have my failed compressor replaced already in March.....
Appreciate 0