09-17-2020, 02:55 PM   #7
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
What were the reasons your local dealer was discouraging the PCD?
they wanted/were pressuring us to buy a g05 off their lot. we had a great experience with them when we got the f15 and so we wanted to give them the business again. But when I told them I had done some research and I wanted to order a vehicle and do the PCD, we got a lukewarm reception. The salesman (who I really still like) kept downplaying the ordering process, and how long it would take, how inconvenient it was going to be, how you cant get a discount or any sort of deal with a built vehicle, and that if we really wanted to do a PCD, we could buy one off their lot and they'd give us a voucher for a PCD (which I found out from the forum and from the PCD folks themselves, was a total lie).

So why do all this? the PCD folks said whatever dealer you buy from has to chip into the cost of the PCD, a few hundred bucks and BMWNA pays for the rest. It builds brand loyalty for BMWNA but the dealer loses a few hundred bucks doing it. So there's no real incentive for the dealers themselves to encourage the PCD especially for a naive buyer who doesn't know much about it.
Appreciate 0