View Single Post
      09-17-2020, 07:22 PM   #15
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
this is so true! I totally forgot about how annoying *and* time consuming that game was. you basically lost a half day negotiating back and forth on the deal. With a forum like this, people post their deals and we have a semblance of what the reasonable expectations are for a deal and then you call and get it done. The only thing I like about Tesla is our mutual contempt for dealers.

I took it a step further. I asked my SA to provide via email a list of the items the dealer was planning on trying to sell me and the price for each so I could research before I went in to sign papers for the deal the dealer has already agreed to on the car itself. I told my SA I wanted zero surprised on the day I came into sign. The SA was happy to provide the requested list with prices, including tire and wheel insurance, extended warranty options, etc. There was zero hassle. When I arrived to sign the papers and meet with the finance manager, I told them I did not want any of the items and that was that. I was in and out in less than one hour. It was perfect for me. I had the chance to research their extra items and think about it before I arrived. None of the items was worth the price they were charging.

I did my best to keep control of the entire process and it really worked well. I did not spend the whole day there and their time wasn't wasted either. To me, this is the direction that car buying is going.

Regarding Tesla: I went with my son when he picked up his Tesla 3 last year in Fremont, CA. That deal was seamless too. No dealer involved at all. I've taken a couple of trips in the Tesla 3. He's got the dual motor version and it is quite simply awesome. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up ICE quite yet, but I will cross-shop Tesla and others when I'm in the market for my next car.
Appreciate 2
Noneya251.50
GrussGott18164.00