09-18-2020, 10:01 AM   #5
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay71 View Post
I'm pursuing on buying a used 2019 BMW X5 with 10K miles from a used car dealer, and need your help with the following questions;

1. The dealer gave me a AutoCheck report that states no Air Bag deployed during a guide rail hit whereas the report I ran on Carfax shows that Air Bag was deployed. The reports doesn't show who did the Air Bag repairs, but the service history has repairs done by a Mercedes-Benz, Ford dealers for other rountine services. I heard someone say that the Air Bag deployment could potentially void remainder of BMW Warranty. Is that true?

2. If I'm not the owner yet, can BMW tell me if the vehicle still has Warranty if I call them?

3. I didn't see any major red flags reported around Salvage, Flood, Fire, Odometer check, Structural damage, etc. Am I missing anything?!
To me, your story raises a few red flags that would have me running away from it.

- Model year 2019 (first year out for the G05 and had a lot of issues)
- Autocheck reporting air bag deployment
- Carfax is the more popular service, the dealer knows that and is why they did not give you one
- Why in the world was it not serviced at a BMW dealer since all 2019's are still under warranty?
- I have not heard that an airbag deployment would void warranty but if the repair was not done by or authorized by a BMW dealer, that might. Anything that happens in the future, a BMW dealer may try to blame the unauthorized repair as the cause of it and refuse a warranty claim.
- I think in this case, you would combine the two reports (auto check and carfax) to get a more complete picture plus call a few BMW dealers with the VIN and see what they have to say. You can also just enter the VIN in Google and see what comes up.

To me, this car has bad new written all over it - I'd go find a different one
Appreciate 0