09-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #21
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
What I should have said we car buyers have online access to information about cars for sale at our fingertips. It is no longer a mystery. Because consumers have ready access to this information and there are so many choices of really good cars, we can have more control over the car buying transaction than we ever did in the past. Yes, the dealer is still involved (except Tesla). But, how we deal with the dealer can be different for those who what control over the process.
The dealerships are able to thrive because most people including BMW owners, are lazy, ignorant, don't want to do the homework, and fiscally irresponsible. the dealers prey on this.

I'm just happy I found this forum before we leased our g05. I got exactly what I wanted at a much, much better deal than our local dealership was offering (that we almost pulled the trigger on before I found this forum).

and having done the PCD, I honestly can't ever imagine buying a car off the lot ever again. the whole PCD experience makes you feel so special, I cant fathom how more people aren't aware/don't do it.
Appreciate 0