FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcinema View Post
Thanks to Bimmerpost you guys saved me $1,000 towards more useful options like the Melano leather instead, I thought the laser lights were something special as when I went to dealer the salesman said to pass on them as you will not even know you have the option, as my current 2016 x5 with out led lights the salesman said the new adaptive led are amazing and I have never used my high beams in my current x5 yet as I live in the suburbs of nyc and have street lights , I thought the lasers were the main source of light , thanks for clearing this up for me
umm laser lights are well worth the money no matter how you put it. If there's even a 1% chance of using them that could be the difference between hitting a deer or not
You usually don't hit a deer that's 300 yards in front if you. The majority of deer collisions are from deer running directly into the path of the vehicle from the side of the road. Usually only at 20 yards or less. The deer in the headlights scenario a headlight beam strikes eyes that are fully dilated to capture as much light as possible, deer cannot see at all, and they freeze until the eyes can adjust. So laser lights will make the deer stand in the road longer before you hit one?
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0