Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPuitG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
I noticed today that when driving electric individual and putting the gear to sport, as know , the ICE switches on immediately.

If you put it back tot normal the mode switches back to electric only directly.

With a kick down in electric only it switches to hybrid however it takes some time before switching back to electric is possible.

Inconsistency in programming the delay on switching back to electric??

For me it is okay because it does what I expect. Direct full power if I want to and back to normal just as fast. I just wonder if it good for the ICE.
This is not the case for me. I use this trick to get medium power in certain circumstances, Kickdown is full power at once and I don't like to do this on a cold engine, so I switch the gear lever in sport and accelerate faster than in full electric but less than kickdown.

After doing this, I switch back the gear lever and depending on how long and hard the acceleration was, it switches back to electric individual immediately or it takes another few moments before doing so. But It is true that if you have to really push it hard, sometimes it is warmed up enough for it to switch back immediately.

So for me it seems like there is no inconsistency. Happy to hear your findings
Thanks. I will give it a try.

Do you have the issue switching to hybrid when in all electric and switch to 6A max charging? I am just looking for a pattern.

The situation I noticed is when driving all electric day and after a really short time like accelerating with the gear in M/S for 15 seconds to take over and then switching back, it would go to electric immediately without staying in hybrid. If I do the same in sport mode it takes a bit of time before I can go back.

Tbh I don't do this a lot. I don't think it is good for the engine. I don't do a kick down on a cold engine either.
Appreciate 0