View Single Post
      09-22-2023, 07:10 AM   #68
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Max has to be the most overrated driver in all of F1 history - bar none. He's talented, but after getting beat out by Danny R, I knew he was just a slightly above average driver with a great car.

Daniel himself was also slightly above average, but clearly a step down from the upper echelon of people like Hamilton, Vettel, etc.

Wake me up when Redbull's car comes down to mean and Max goes back to being a irrelevent driver with a bad attitude.
Then in this case, it's clear that Ham is not even an average driver but benefited from a car that was so fast anyone below avg driver could win in it (i.e. Ros) and a field that lacked any competition from a car standpoint and driver until Max came in and got up to speed. Other than Alo, Ham's teammates were never very good and he was never able to put much distance between them which tells me he himself simply didnt have the talent to outdrive below average driver's in the same car and actually lost to Ros which is flat out embarassing.
Now, the field is the closest it's ever been where a small mistake could mean the race (ask Ham and Rus as they seem to crack under pressure) and Max has a solid all around good car but nothing dominant - driver ability means much more now. That is where Max not only dusts his teammate but the entire field.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60879.50
GuidoK10965.00