01-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #33
X5_CC
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
I let dealer know about your fix and they responded:

"Hi, we have already ruled those out (bump stops)--that is not your issue. There were some bad spot welds in the body. And I cannot receive photos in this format."

So, if my spot welds were supposedly fixed what are they working on now?
I am really very interested in your case. I sure hope it's not something as complicated as body weld issues causing this creaking sound. I was hoping it was just trim causing that noise.

I ditched my 7 month old GMC Yukon for the X5 mostly because of the squeaks and rattles the Yukon had. That body style had been out for like 3 or 4 years when I got it, yet it still made noises. In its first year, there were many reports of loud booming sounds at highway speeds. Turns out it was structural issues with the roof that needed to have some design modifications to fix. The poor folks who had first model year vehicles had to have extensive body work in the roof, including welds.

Just more reason not to get a first year model

And to the poster above who said their X5 is silent and is very particular about squeaks and rattles — you are very lucky and enjoy it! My X5 makes all kinds of little rattles and makes me so disappointed and frustrated.
Appreciate 0