View Single Post
      03-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
lovelight
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xdrive wagon

Deciphering incentives

So I have a question on how to interpret manufacturer rebates/incentives on dealer websites. Not sure why it's not more clear cut.

We have an X5 40i on order and when I negotiated a price with the dealer, there was an additional $2000 rebate for financing through BMW and another $1250 for loyalty reward. However, when I go to the dealer website, I see that there is also a $3250 "Dealer Allowance" on selected models. Strangely, since the vehicle I ordered is technically coming into inventory for my dealer, this "Dealer Allowance" is literally on the VIN for my factory order.

The way I read the financing and loyalty rebates, these should be in addition to the "Dealer Allowance". It's just coincidental that they both add up to $3250. But I'm not 100% sure on this interpretation and wondering if anyone here can comment. Since incentives are regional, I'll add that I'm in 98008.

I don't plan on pushing this with the dealer until I see what the April incentives are. I'm sure they won't be any worse and I have it in writing that I'll get the best interest rate or incentives available until we close on the deal. Seems likely they will get better. I can also walk away from the deal if I have to but I doubt that will be necessary.
Appreciate 0