10-28-2020, 12:50 AM   #13
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFabien View Post
After 1.5 years of searching and doutbing I finally made the call and ordered the X5 45e!

Volvo XC60/90 and Tesla X were in contention for a while, but the ride is so much better then a Volvo and the build quality is so much better then a Tesla.

It's basically as good as a full option.

Things I still have minor second thoughts on and would like your input;

- I took Bowers above Harman Kardon, but is it really worth the extra 4,5k?
- I took the full leather, it kind of looks good, but it's quite a lot of money for a little bit more leather underneath the dashboard. Does the extra leather make a big difference?
- I took Shadow line (black grille) with Black sapphire, I think I really like it, especially with the subtle blue touches in the wheels and the lights, but might it be a bit of a controversial pick, how about resell value?
- I didn't take Dravit gray, a very special unique color, which is now available for the X5 in Belgium, should I have considered it? I felt it was too risky.
- I took the aluminium dark mesh inlay above piano lack because of fears that piano lack might scratch too easily, but I have never seen the aluminium dark mesh, not even in a video and on paper I like the piano lack more. Does anyone have a video of the aluminium?

Thank you for your input. I can't wait to drive it!
Nice build congrats.

I have HK. I am happy with my choice. B&W wasn't worth it for me. Most long drives are with the family anyway and listening mostly to the radio. But that doesn't mean it can't be worth it for you.

Aluminium mesh might even be worse for showing scratches. I have fineline stripe with black merino. I had piano black before with Ivory . Liked it too.

I saw a donington grey X5M that looked great I am not sure about dravits grey. It looks good on the 8, the x5 might just be to big for the color.

I see lots of extended shadow line with black. I don't think that this would be a problem for resale. Ps A lot of other Belgian owners lease their 45e not to be stuck with it after 4-5 year if the car market would have changed by then.

Out of curiosity, why did you stick with the 20
Inch 740M wheels. Wouldn't 742M look better with your configuration ? I have Arctic grey with satin silver and 740m wheels. Happy with my choice but my car looks completely different than yours.
Appreciate 1