Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettS View Post
P.S. We had a space grey over ivory F10 535i. I undertand the merino is better than the nappa in the 5er.
"Better" is a difficult term here.

Merino has significantly less surface treatment than the other leathers that BMW offers - including the soft nappa that BMW offered earlier in the Individual program (in the 5 series, the E39 was the last one to have it).

So, "better" as in "more natural" and "softer", yes, it is that. It is also significantly more difficult to keep clean if you're anal about it. The thing is, with the darker colors, some dark marks from clothing are easier to ignore or sort of become "character". With white, practically anything on the surface falls into the category "dirty" for me. So for me - who doesn't enjoy car cleaning a whole lot - anything light than the red (not available for the X) is a clear "no".

Also, there's one more thing: at least for some of the colors - if you get the ventilated seats - the perforated parts won't be Merino, but Vernasca instead. Not sure if that is true for White.
Where did you read this nonsense?

Appreciate 1