View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #56
gs1403
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
A 67 hp increase is rather significant as well as the torque increase. It also gains the M Sport exhaust (standard) that was previously unavailable for the U.S. market so it will be even more throaty.

The price difference between an M50i and a X5M will be fairly substantial this go around. Unlike a loaded F15 50i vs a F85 X5M.

As a former center employee I strongly disagree as would my former new car sales mgr and used sales mgr. We have seen this happen repeatedly and the last that comes to mind is the 2006 E90 330i which was an all new car with an all new engine (N52). In 2007 the 335i was released with an all new engine (N54) and the resale values of the 330s got slaughtered. The E90 330i was a one year car, just like the G05 50i is becoming. These quick engine updates never do any favors for the initial buyers.
Agreed. Also big mental jump from 4XX to 5XX horsepower. M badging and M-performance parts (differential, exhaust) are a pretty big deal from both practical and marketing standpoints.

On paper, there's nothing the M50i isn't better at than the xDrive50i. Don't even understand the concerns about suspension. The car isn't even out yet and nobody except BMW test engineers know how it drives. It's still a large family-oriented SUV geared towards comfort and practicality, unlike a hardcore M-badged car. I highly doubt the M-suspension tuning will make this car any significantly worse to daily drive than a xDrive50i. Let's be realistic. Nobody in the market for a V8 powered X5 (maybe save for a tiny fraction of individuals) is going to prefer a xDrive50i over a M50i barring significant price reductions on the former.
Appreciate 0