[0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman27 View Post
This is all great and all but can it support a solid carplay/bt connection without any bugs some beyond basic shit the g05 has not been able to
car play doesn't matter since apple is in the minority for phone usage globally. Android Auto would be better, even so I'd rather just use idrive 90% of the time. Some CP issues are on Apples end, others fall to BMW
I am clearly not going to advocate wasting any time on CarPlay, mine is off permanently never to be touched ever again on both the X5 and the iPhone, but ... while Android is dominant in global numbers, Bimmers are upscale and correlate very highly with iPhone usage. I would be surprised if less than 80% of BMW drivers are iPhones, but there is probably no way for us mere mortals to check on that assertion.
I haven't owned an iPhone since 2012 because as an engineer I prefer the ability to customize my UE (user experience). Call me crazy or whatever but I don't consider Apple products to be a status symbol. I currently own a Ceramic White S10+ ($1200) and a Nebule Blue OnePlus 7 Pro ($750 my new favorite phone) so while one isn't inexpensive I still don't view them as far as of luxury. When I see people using more unique devices like the OP (I know a few people on here own them) I have respect because I know that person isn't your average Joe to be buying such a phone. A few friends and I used to modify AOSP and write custom ROMs back in the day for Nexus Phones (now the Pixel line) so to me I put more value in versatility than anything else.

anyway enough of half awake rant for me

I'm hoping software bugs get worked out like everyone else, even so I love my X5
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
themnmd1687.00