View Single Post
      10-31-2023, 10:41 AM   #20
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

It depends on your situation... I am looking to buy a house right now in a market that is completely dead in terms of sales. However, everything that is being listed is junk overall... the good homes are overpriced and sitting... where this goes in the winter as sales fall off a cliff who knows? I think the market is still way overpriced for what it is.

Basically my realtor has told me there are a few types of buyers now-

1) The cash buyer that buys for themselves... this is about the most rare buyer.
2) The low down payment buyer... this buyer will veer towards new construction in unfavorable areas because they can't afford more downpayment and need better rates even at a higher price point. This is extremely ironic but true.
3) Myself - a buyer with a need for a home who has a lot of money to put down and can easily stomach the high rates. Again, a very rare buyer these days.

Here are the buyers that don't really exist anymore-

1) Investment buyers - the roi on homes with interest rates are terrible now so you won't find this buyer.
2) the buyer who sold his home and is looking to buy a different one - why when rates are so terrible? Only if a move is necessitated, this sounds like you.