Thread: Tag Heuer
View Single Post
      08-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #55
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

When I went to the beach for two weeks, I noticed that my Tag gained time over the course of the two weeks. It was the only watch I took with me, so I put it on and didn't take it off. I have a Submariner that does the same thing. I have an Omega quartz watch and it seems to stay spot on regardless of how long I continuously wear it. I have a few watches (Patek Calatrava, Muller Curvex, and Breguet Marine) that purportedly have high quality movements, but I don't ever wear any of them for more than 24 hours as they are my "occasion" watches, so I don't know if they gain or lose time. I do know they keep good enough time during the time I have them on.

Maybe the Rolex and Tag need to be serviced??? I'll admit I'm very lame about getting that done regularly.

As for what movements are actually in those watches, I don't know. I'm something of a watch guy, but for style reasons more so than movement reasons. Though I do try these days to buy watches for the quality of their construction and functionality, that wasn't always the case. For example, I bought a Tag watch because I'd forgotten my own watch at home and I was on a month long trip out of the country. I bought a couple of Citizen watches that same way, but on a trip to Ohio. I bought an Omega Constellation automatic some 15 years ago because I like the look of it.

I recently ordered a JLC Reverso for myself, again more for style than anything else. It remains to be seen how well it keeps time. I'm reasonably certain I'll wear it for extended time periods since it'll be new and not so dressy or flashy that I can't wear it for general use.

I have several watches that are Chinese knock offs of some of my more costly watches. They keep excellent time and I'm sure they have junk movements.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0