View Single Post
      09-18-2023, 03:37 PM   #10
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotvee View Post
I would look towards Cayenne. They brought the V8 engine back to the S trim plus their interior definitely beats out the new “touch only” X5 LCI interior. I personally don’t really like the BMW build quality, the LCI interior/exterior and overall trims simplification (you no longer can order some features in the US which were available before, like luggage compartment, comfort access to all 4 doors, and so on).
We have had Cayennes and can tell you that they are not worth the price and we all know that Porsche does not compete on price. Their tech is not on a par with BMW.
Many, many, things that are standard in a BMWs are painfully expensive options on a Porsche.
A reasonably equiped Cayenne S coupe will run you about 130K which is way out of the range of a base X5 or M60i.
Also keep in mind that the large displays running across the dash board are now industry standard in 90% of vehicles and the days of new car interiors with 75 buttons/switches have came and are now gone whether the old timers like it or not.
Appreciate 1