03-22-2020, 08:21 AM   #4
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
My X5 M50i is now built and due to be shipped to the UK (inevitably late but to be expected and not bothered one bit all things considered)

I'm chopping in my M4 as p/x and taking the X5 on a 48 month PCP. Payments will be the same as my M4 so I know under current normal circumstance I can more than afford the monthly payments (I get all my cars on PCP as I like the flexibility fo chopping in mid term.....M4 will be 2.5 years into a 4 year term) and could pay cash for the X5 if I needed.

That said with the savage recession coming I'm wondering if getting tied into a contract on a V8 gas guzzler with savage deprecation is actually the right thing to be doing now? Anyone else feeling the same?
You're on PCP, this is what it was designed for! You have an exit locked in, even if the bottom completely falls out of the market.

In the meantime, you will have an awesome car to enjoy and possibly, one of the final iterations of bad-ass, over powered, petrol engines.

I know a recession is bad, but (and it is sad to say this as it makes me sound like a vulture, but its true), for those in a good financial position that can be maintained throughout, a recession can bring opportunities as your buying power increases.

It is a potential worry, yes. But also if you have done what you can to protect yourself financially you should enjoy what you can safely afford to enjoy, while you can enjoy it.

My motto for cars is, if I can afford three of them, I'll buy one without worry.
Appreciate 1
Unit218.50