03-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #11
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
I agree mate although the arse has fallen out of PCP thanks to manufacturers flooding the market with cheap deals. As a result the residuals are crap so even on a VERY strong deal that I have on this M4 the neq-eq to get out is still a couple of grand under normal market conditions. On the X5 M50i I'm guessing it could well be 5 figures to get out any time early before the 3 year mark.

I've money in the bank so stable unlike many but even then the prospect of committing on an £80k car coming into the biggest global recession since the war is a little daunting.
Fair points. I got my car in February, so I'm trying to see the bright side of a situation I'm already in

You're not committed yet, so you have to really look at it from all angles I suppose.

Question - could you get yourself out of the M4 now, and wait until after this crisis to get a new car? Dealers should be absolutely desperate to sell anything already in a few months, once they have seen months on end with almost no sales. That could mean an even better deal for you.
Appreciate 0