Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
Wow I can't believe it's been 20 years already, how time flies. Will never forget one of the first X5 design that was published. And the X4 was a raised car with all wheel drive concept.

The only thing that's disappointed me with BMW SAV's over the years is the lack of the "utility". Meaning every SUV should come with a Trailer Hitch, and offer a sleek Front Push Bar as they originally did. You may not like or need them but at least they're still available to purchase.
"Utility" wasn't the selling point of the original X5, thus the term "SAV" rather than "SUV". You COULD get a trailer hitch as an option, but agreed that most of the SAVs that BMW puts out these days are on the "soft" side. That original push bar you posted was only cosmetic and non-function - you know that, right? In any case, the original X5 served it's intended purpose perfectly for me, even until this day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I still love the look of the older X5s with those fat tires some of them have.
Still have and love mine after 15 years with it. Not as fat as those 315s on those iS, but these 285s are still pretty fat even for today's standards.
Attached Images

Last edited by XMetal; 05-01-2019 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
psuibmw3465.00