View Single Post
      10-04-2023, 01:42 PM   #107
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarrat View Post
There is, in fact, no truly "automatic" setting for the HVAC in a BMW (or at least the X5). In automatic mode, you should simply be able to set the temperature and the system takes care of adjusting the temperature and volume of air coming out of the vents, and which vents are activated. I have several cars that operate just this way; if you adjust the volume of air coming from a vent manually, it takes the hint, returns control to you, and switches off "automatic" mode. On the BMW, you can still fiddle with the vent temp, and the vent volume, which begs the question: in what sense is it automatic?

The poster to whom you responded is a troll. Every post contains his opinion (fine) and personal attacks on those who disagree with him (not so much). He has concluded, on the basis of no evidence at all so far as I can tell, that those who take a dimmer view of some LCI features are poverty-stricken.

I am delighted that some here are thrilled with their LCIs. I am disappointed that some have purchased the vehicle and are not. In a perfect world, everyone would make their own decisions, based on what they value. The LCI's increase in HP was the very reason some people bought the car; I could not be less interested in it. Doesn't mean either of us is wrong. Just different priorities
"poverty stricken"? Sorry but those are your words not mine.
Appreciate 0