01-09-2020, 11:10 AM   #25175
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yes, a downshift that uses engine braking to suddenly slow the car without brake lights to alert the driver behind the woman...while the individual behind the woman is distracted looking at the cop and doesn't notice a sudden slow down of the vehicle ahead....this sounds like a good plan....

Not that it isn't still the individuals fault if he rear ends her...but I like how you've come up with an inventive way of how women can make driving more challenging. Kudos!

Truth be told, I can pretty much twist anything to be a little jab, just to play in your mind a little more, for it is a wonderful place to play.

But I actually agree with you here...a downshift can be useful if driving stick, but it really doesn't scrub off a whole lot of speed, so only useful if you are slightly in excess of the grace zone.

If you are really speeding, throw out the anchor and hope that the cop wasn't doing radar and doesn't have a reading. Or assumes you are really quite sorry and will be a model citizen from now on and doesn't invite you to a little roadside conversation about bad habits acquired and the consequences of such.

Especially if you are trying to "rev match" and completely botch it up!