11-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #16
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
What? The new teams are Campos, Manor, USF1, and Lotus.

Hamilton has one of the better cars now. He's been qualifying great everywhere except Brazil, where a lot of people had issues because of the car setups for wet qualifying/dry race. So he qualified low there because his car was setup for the race, which is another part of the reason he clawed his way to the podium. Clearly, you are a McLaren fanboy, so it will be hard to reason with you. I'm not sure why you don't think Ferrari will be on top. They have the best driver in a car that's had the most development.

I've said this over and over, BMW and Red Bull did well in Australia. Kubica was on pace to possibly win the race until he hit Vettel. Red Bull never used the DDD yet they came second. Toyota and Williams were much lower down. It was not just the DDD.

What you have to remember is that unlike Raikkonen/Massa, Alonso and Massa have the same driving style, with an emphasis on understeer. Raikkonen, much like Hamilton, prefers a sharp front end with oversteer. So the fact that Alonso is coming means the Scuderia are building a dream machine for their drivers instead of trying to compromise between the two. Granted, they have admitted that some things were geared more towards Massa's style the passed few years. But now that the drivers' style is the same, they don't have to settle in a gray area between what the two say. So the initial car design will have that much more of an edge from the get go.
I think you are confusing car design and car setup... Ferrari does not design and build a new car to suit a particular driver preferance.. They design and build the best car they car in the wind tunnel and then it's up to the drivers to individually set it up to suit their driving styles..
Kimi was just never a good driver for set up, so he ended up using Massa's setup often even when it did not suit him very well just because he could not get his own setup to work any better
Appreciate 0