View Single Post
      09-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #9
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I looked at the Q8, GLE 450, & Cayenne as well. I think the guy who posted his pros and cons above was spot on.

I was excited Audi was coming out with something other than the Q7 which is minivan'ish in appearance to me. I wasn't impressed with the lag on the Q8 & expected more. It did handle well but didn't feel sporty enough to me. I also wasn't as impressed in person. It was nice but I didn't have this I love it feeling.

The GLE my husband hated the back end. He said the styling fell off once you passed the back doors. It drove well but it didn't have the ass in it when I hit the pedal. His friend is the GM so I was bummed as we could have gotten a great deal on it. I feel like I would have settled in the GLE just because of a deal.

This is my first BMW. I always hated the look on the interior and felt it was boring and dated. I didn't even want to look at the X5. We finally stopped one evening & I was impressed with the way they upgraded the the styling. We drove a 40i & I was pleasantly surprised with the engine. My husband then insisted we drive the M50i for comparison. Let's just say there wasn't much of one. Each time I went to compare what I had test driven I was always comparing every other vehicle to the X5. I'm 10 months in now and have no complaints. The seats leave a little to be desired but it's not a deal breaker. Every time I start the X5 I smile listening to the engine. It's a fun vehicle to drive. I also do the occasional glance back when I'm walking away from it in parking lot. If I continue to stay problem free I can see myself in another one down the road.
Appreciate 0