View Single Post
      09-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #19
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
I had a deposit and order for an SQ8 that was placed just before COVID hit. My original delivery date was July, which matched when my S7 lease ended, but my build ended up getting delayed to October so I ended up cancelling.

However, before cancelling, I did get a chance to sit in a dealer-optioned unit and while I didn't drive it (only started it), it was very nice and:
  • It looks awesome in person. Just something about the "coupe" look that makes it look sleek and fast, especially from the side.
  • The interior fit and finish is exceptional but looked sterile. It also had a lot of gloss black that I'm sure will be fingerprint magnets.
  • The seats were way, way, way more comfortable than the uncomfortable rocks that BMW calls seats.
  • The digital instrument cluster and HUD were much better than what is found in our X5 and offered a lot more customization.
  • It sounded a lot better at startup. My M50i sounds like a bunch of drunk bassoons during the initial startup; it does not sound good.
  • The HK stereo sounds better than the B&O stereo (base) in the Audi, although to be honest, I only briefly listened to the Audi without adjusting anything. The bass sounded hollow and highs were overly tinny and artificial.
I really wish they actually put some nice wheels on the RSQ8. For that kind of money, it stinks that you have to swap out the wheels. I guess it is the same with the X5MC too.
Appreciate 0