View Single Post
      10-31-2020, 05:30 PM   #76
DENtoLAS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
There is only the 19" spare option. 22" wheels with tires have the same rolling diameter as all other wheel/tire combinations — 22" rim means lower profile ("thinner", less rubber) tire, nothing changes, or nothing should change, in the overall diameter and therefore would never justify a different spare rim plus tire combo.

Now there seems to be something wrong with the site at the links you provided. Their descriptions are useless for both links. Plug in both part numbers into Google and look them up elsewhere and you get 19" (5Bx19 ET:-2 to be precise) rim for both part numbers. I think one part number is rim plus tire and the other is rim only, paradoxically in reverse to the price.

Since you're in US (which means this is actually available to you, vs say Canada for example) and (I apologize ahead for this) not necessarily fully versed in wheel specs, you should just buy the full kit from a BMW dealer which will include the right rim, tire, and packaged with a handy storage/jack kit that will all fit nice and snug under the floor in the hatch.
Thank you! I ordered the space saver spare with my custom build I just was not sure if it would still work if I upgraded my 20s to 22s. You answered my question. Thank you my thorough Canadian friend!
Appreciate 0