First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbp6us
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlalee View Post
It just comes down to fuel demand. You may have to detune to keep fuel demands in check if you have a tune truly dialed in for e60-70 which works be counter productive. Fuel demand and poor gas mileage are the primary obstacles
So are you saying that if I run 100% E85, I would have to get detuned for the DME to demand less in order help the LPFP keep up with the HPFP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
No you can't. You'll get fuel mixture codes and most likely go into limp mode because your stage 1 LPFP will not be able to supply your HPFP with enough fuel. It takes an extra 3 mins to add a few gallons of 91 so your best bet is to continue mixing. Your cheapest alternative is to switch to the stage 2 LPFP and add TBI for straight E85.
This is similar to the question above. By not touching the tune and adding more E85, how would the DME know to demand more fuel? Would it be the extra power I would be making just by simply adding more ethanol? I've never understood how this threshold is established.

As I understood it, the only reason why I got the stage 1 lpfp was because the tune would be demanding more fuel and therefore a secondary pump was needed to supplement the supply of fuel. God I'm such a noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonecure View Post
Post a log so we can see where you are currently at. I love not having to mix anymore.
I don't recall if this is one of my "best" logs but it's one of the latest ones. By best I mean I don't know if the road had an incline or not. It may have. Either way, let me know how it looks please.

http://datazap.me/u/vbp6us/log-14666...og=0&data=4-23
I would worry about the timing corrections more than E85 in this case...