View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #18
Chris@BoostConcepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i, 2007 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Get a handheld tester and test your ethanol content. If you are going to run e85, you need to know what it actually is.

As for AFRs, upper 12s is what I target.
you are also in Northern Colorado where the air is a bit thinner which requires less fuel. so you have a... well i wouldn't call it an advantage, but you have a different situation going on for your fueling requirement. even at 20psi you are fueling significantly less power then someone at sea level or near it in San Diego.

OP,

As for the information given, you should discuss with your tuner as he is the one who is working with your setup and will be the one who needs to make the changes to accommodate different mixes or straight e85. your LPFP setup (if healthy) should be able to handle straight e85 and the HPFP should be what limits your fueling ability. sounds like you are doing it correctly sneaking up on it. to determine where the tipping point is. as a side note, I grabbed a gas caddy 14 gallon tank with pump nozzle online and it fits nicely in the trunk (335i), could actually fit two probably, but I am also 40 miles away from the nearest station. I premix the gas in the caddy so I get almost two fillups per trip. helps alot. just need something elevated to put it on as it is gravity feed after you start the flow. very nice setup for $120.

Chris
Appreciate 1