View Single Post
      07-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #39
G050i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 50i w/ M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayoVac View Post
I did it on a 40i, but looking at the difference in the piping and muffler on on the 40i vs. 50i, I am not sure it would change a lot. I mean in my case, I were I was reaching was not really near the pipe... but granted with the 50i there would be two in the same space I had one.... but again, not sure it would have made much difference in where I had to reach. It would be interesting for you to take pictures with the plastic shields removed looking up to compare to what I dealt with.
Just gave this a go and I was successful. Just shoved my hand in there further to feel for the 2nd and 3rd blind screws. I was happy to be able to take those off but struggled a bit with actually pulling the tip out bc of the top larger tab.

Here is the sad part... I went to grab the new tip and as I placed it on it wouldn't fit and I tried this like 3 times to finally realize it was the wrong frigging tip, it was for the 40i. Wanted to cry. Ordered so long ago so can't tell if I messed up. Or I was sent wrong part.. Hahaha. I guess the good that came out of this is I can do both sides in probably an hour next time. Also, what I learned is that you can actually keep the screws in but just loosened enough so the tips can come out. That way when putting everything back the screws are already lined up and ready and one less headache in trying to hold onto.

PSA: I have a complete new set of 40i shadow line exhaust tips. OEM bought from bmwpartspro.com. I'll also post on the members ads section. Just PM me of interested. Willing to let go for less than retail plus shipping.
Appreciate 0