View Single Post
      02-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
We have been saying it on this board for a while.
I recently made a post in X5m forum - that did not sound as eloquently as "Car and Driver" article but says the same thing.

Those M performance models are so good by BMW now - that unless you are tracking the car non stop - one does not need a full M on the street.

I'm having a hard time persuading myself that i want an upgrade to x5M.
It will loose some practicality and features but will it gain enough to compensate for it?

Scary part - it is similar with M340 - it is that good. I definitely do not need a new M3 for the street after driving M340 for a year..

Aggressively driving M340 - am sideways in that car on every roundabout. My kids cal lit drifting car.. And then i can hand it over to my wife and she can commute to work in comfort without me worrying that she will spin out on every corner in the rear wheel drive M3.
Since I have the track car - M performance is really where its at for the street.
I agree. I don't want a hard/edge ride in a luxury SUV. In a car you have the right full "M" platform. It's fun to have a sub 4 second SUV now. I don't want or need anything more extreme, especially in a long distance cruiser in mixed weather.
Appreciate 0