Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps3b View Post
I just traded in my 2009 X6 xdrive 50i. I had it almost 13 years with 78K on the odometer. The only problem I had was the last 2-3 years I had to feed it oil every other month. Other than that, I had no issues. I don't know because it only had 78K miles or if we just didn't drive it very hard. After reading all the reports, I'm a little worried, especially because I traded my X6 in for a X5 M50i. Basically the same motor. I'm hoping BMW figured out the problem and I was going to ask the crew, would it help with cooling if when I returned from a trip if I opened the hood to help with the cooling, or would that not do anything?
The additional oil coolers for the S63 run upwards of 10 min when I park based on the RPM's/drive logic setting prior to parking (based on my 18 F85 and 21 F95). The N63 in your G05 doesn't have the additional oil coolers. I highly doubt opening the hood would do anything. Last fall I hit the tail of the dragon hard and needed a top off of oil the following day, but that was in my retired F85. Maybe the current G05/F95 N63/S63 has this issue resolved being on the Tu4, as the V8 oil burn has been a know issue for almost 10 years.
Thanks. I didn't think it would. But I figured I would ask someone who is smarter than me when it comes to engines
Appreciate 0