11-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #23
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLDNon11 View Post
There is some truth to this. I have leased 5 custom ordered BMWs from my CA over the past 12+ years and have a pretty good relationship aside from the usual negotiation dance every 3 years. Anyway, last October, I ordered a '21 X5 and was looking for an '8% off MSRP at the buy rate' deal. He countered with 7% and held firm there. It wasn't until a broker I knew who had a relationship with the GM stepped in and 'made a call'. The next day, I got an email saying that they would honor the 8% deal given our long term relationship. That's it; 1% (begrudgingly) was all the relationship was worth - if that.

Fast forward a year and look what has happened: those 8-10% deals are LONG gone. I can't even imagine what the conversation with my CA would have looked like this October if ordering a new X5. I'm guessing I might be lucky to get the 1% off MSRP vs 0%! Will be interesting to see what happens in 2 years when my lease is up. Could be buying the thing off lease!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldes View Post
Echo what the previous poster stated. I have bought 6 cars in the previous years before ordering the current 2022 unit that its being build now; during those years, I got 8 -10 % off MSRP without much haggling. 2 weeks ago: "All I can do is MSRP, there are no cars around". So much for the so call "relationship with your AD". My response: buying the car in my current lease that is coming to an end, depriving them of making a profit in my return car lease; and turning around and selling that car a few days later, for an $8 to $12,000 profit (for me). That profit in turn, will make my 8-10% discount on the new incoming ordered car.
Other proofs about what was already said... dealers are in the business to make money. The rest is just nothing and does not matter for them.

I contacted more than 50 dealerships and the best I could get is $3k off MSRP. Lots of dealerships were charging MSRP, some other ones were looking for $5k or even $10k over. I will keep on looking though, I need to contact another 50 dealerships or even more to see if I can get more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HZX540e View Post
Last call….BMW dealer offered 113 stock. I'd rather a fellow Motörhead taking this car over the dealer making 6-7k profit.

2021 X5M Comp for sale https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1872907
Thank you, but I am looking for a new BMW X5M.
Appreciate 0