View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 04:04 AM   #5
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2024, Mustang MACH 1

I wonder if the diplomatic price list is the same all around the world, I remember my dealer mentioned something along those lines once...

From my experience negotiating with the official dealership, I always felt that BMW Munich is boss and sets the minimum prices and interest rates (if you go with their BMW Financial Services). The dealers then get a cut from the price presented in the price lists (apparently more on equipment than the base cars), but also add the interest rate on top of the BMW Munich's minimum to make money there too.

The trick to get the best deal I guess would be to know what those dealership profit margins are (I don't think there can be any negotiation with Munich on their prices) and what the lowest possible BMW Munich interest rate is. The financing interest rates (or money factor as people call it here) that I got offered without any down payment (was told that it doesn't matter) were:

2016: 3% (or 0.00125 money factor)
2019: 3,1% (or 0.00129167 money factor)

I am almost positive that these numbers can go lower. In case someone negotiated it lower than this, it is already a sign that BMW Munich allowed lower rates and my dealership was getting in on the interest as well. However, this could also be country specific.

I guess the money factor is of interest also for guys buying through non-diplomatic, regular sales. I'd love to see anyone else's mil/diplomatic numbers, especially if the price lists match around the globe. Btw, the X6 G06 diplomatic sales prices in August were:

xDrive 40i: 51,000 EUR
M50i: 65,000 EUR
xDrive 30d: 50,000 EUR
M50d: 64,200 EUR

Last edited by chriscross; 08-27-2019 at 04:54 AM..
Appreciate 0