05-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #95
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Yes, RaceChip is on TMAP.

By the time you are plugging more things than TMAP, might as well go to flash tune. Much2 better than 8 bit processor controlling multiple high speed sensors reading.
Also, how do you know that they use the OBD2 / CANBUS reading for timing or fuel control?
AFAIK, it is only for reading, not overriding or writing over the CANBUS signal.
Flash runs the risk of tripping the peak torque and peak load stored in the DME, stability control, and transmission module. Those hidden codes have been a problem for people trying to hide a tune. A piggy can be entirely removed if you want full transparency. We both know each have their advantages.

As far as piggy be careful making illogical arguments about what they can and cannot do. MANY of us including me have run JB4 on prior platforms throwing out huge power for a long time. On top of that, many of us have run flash and piggy on top to get to the elite levels. Reading CAN signals is a big advantage for a tune. Obviously the stock DME uses these signals to adjust, so it makes sense for tunes to utilize them as well. Realtime monitor of timing specifically is huge to avoid damaging KR events.

I am not here to start a flame war, but a TMAP piggy cannot be compared to a EWG piggy controlling boost with CAN capabilities. I am not sure JB4 is fully tested and released with their EWG N63R tunes yet, but there will be interest.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50