Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I don't know for a fact, but I *believe* that anti-dazzle decode removal (ie coding anti-dazzle back on) on the US/Canada neutered laser lights is NOT the same thing as getting the neutered laser lights to proper Euro spec. I have not yet seen a discussion about coding to Euro spec. Nonetheless, anti-dazzle is an awesome system, works very well, and should really be part of every laser lights equipped G05 X5, so that coding is still worth it.
Lex do you know if the anti-dazzle coding can be done via Bimmercode?
I have a MX+ adapter on the way & would love to do it.
I would assert no without even checking too carefully. This is because when you VO* code it, you code 5 ECUs (which is a lot) and therefore the number of FDL parameters are likely large. The ECUs are BDC_BODY3, HU_MGU, FLM2 [43], FLM2 [44], KAFAS4 and at least 3 of those are currently not supported in Bimmercode.

However, VO is the simplest type of coding you can do with ESys and doesn't require acquiring a launcher which is where most people run into trouble. All you need is a Windows PC, Ethernet to OBDII cable (eBay or Amazon), ESys (easy/free download), psdzdata lite (easy/free download).

* VO coding = change car overall config (called FA) + code multiple ECUs (or even entire car) in full, not by individual FDL parameters