View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #17
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
You can use it to quickly have the speed limit set then got 5-infinite over but the set text will appear again over the limit in your HUD

the Audi one had a tolerance of +/- 5 or 10mph which was nice because it would auto adjust (no input from you needed) so for work zones that helped instead of hitting your brakes then adjusting back, otherwise I agree
Yep, I miss all of those my Audi features. Interesting to see both German makers but different approaches of using the Cruise Systems.

I guess Audi was smarter "Techwise". They also have Smart City Traffic Lights maneuverability. It would slow down your car to adjust with the upcoming Traffic Lights on your way to save some gas. If the light is about to turn Red, Audi would slow down automatically and vice versa. But that feature works only in Smart Cities like Las Vegas, and Frisco, TX. Probably more are adding up. It probably requires the lights connected to the internet or some traffic jam assisting servers. I wonder how other car makers would implement and use it. Don't know if a software update only would do it or it needs more harware?!
Appreciate 0