View Single Post
      08-12-2019, 02:17 PM   #147
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray_speedster View Post
Finally picked mine up. It took a bit longer than expected, but it is amazing. Feels like a whole new level of Luxury when compared to the Audi I had. I got the aluminum tetragon interior trim, and let me just say that pictures don't do it justice it is amazing and has a texture to it that I did not expect. With the black interior it goes perfect. I have PPF scheduled for this coming Friday.

A few things as a heads up. I was not able to get a tag because the system did not recognize the VIN, so I have a loaner agreement with me in case I get stopped, should have a tag this week though. Tried insurance and they had the same problem, not in the system yet. So riding with sort of insurance and have to call in if I get stopped.

The only issue during the day was that ran over this bolt on my way home and had my first flat on one of the rear tires. Saw it when I got home. Luckily it patched since I don't have the run flats.

All in all a great experience and ready to explore the ins and outs of the X5.

And for those that asked, no incentives for the 2020 X5 as of right now.
Congrats on the pick-up, bummer for that wildly oversized bolt. Good thing to get the first bit of road love out of the way very very early on in the ownership!

Quote:
It has been great so far and it drives like a dream compared to the Audi I had. Still learning all the quirks and shortcuts for iDrive, but hopefully i will have it down in a week or so.
Quote:
I have a 40i. I added the cerium gray grille and badges because I am not a fan of chrome. Sorry I am of not much help with your questions. I do have the 22" wheels and air suspension and it is night and day to what I had on the Audi. I am assuming the M50i will be a little more firm though.

Can you opine a bit more on the drives like a dream? You had air suspension on the SQ5, correct? What are the differences in feel/stability/solidity/road noise, in your opinion thus far?

On another note, I got my PCD date confirmed today for 8/29 - Yes, the car will be Performance Center Delivered in the same month of the same year production was begun and completed, approx 24 days after build was completed. That's the good news.

The not-so-great news; the good friend I was looking forward to taking this trip with cannot make his schedule work for what turns out to be Labor Day Weekend. So, looks like I'm going to have a lovely 1 man BBQ tour of SC/NC and then have my wife meet me in Asheville to enjoy most of the long weekend.

It's almost time to do a #happydance

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0