02-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #13
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Not in the US, but I much prefer BMW's system to Audi's (as in my 2018 Q7). Here's why:

In the Audi, if you had automatic speed control set, it changed the speed automatically based on speed limit signs. For example, it automatically lowered your speed to 25 mph (or even 15 mph) in a school zone, even if the school zone was inactive (i.e., not during school hours or on weekends). Immediately. Even with moving traffic behind you. Which was not amused by you suddenly reducing speed more than 30 mph lower than the posted limit.

Or driving on the Interstate, it would read the posted limit and adjust speed accordingly. Including the access road sign parallel to the Interstate, which was 40 mph slower than the actual posted Interstate speed. Sometimes with - really fast - moving traffic behind you. Which was not amused by you suddenly reducing speed more than 40 mph lower than the posted limit.

Or the posted truck speed, not applicable to you, also lower than the posted limit for cars. Because, you see, it couldn't tell the difference.

Or the hand-lettered sign in the construction zone, which you could read as 30 mph. Which the Audi, however read as 80 mph. Very exciting.

In the BMW, it simply pops up a speed limit sign in the HUD and allows you to select it. Or not. Without the drama. I prefer, let's see, BMW. Without having to think too much about it.
After coding aSLA it works excellent in the US. It does however not understand when school zones are active or not, unfortunately
Appreciate 0