03-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #29
ddelX52019G05
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5 40i, Audi A7 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espejo View Post
My digital key is set to expire next month and I was about to renew it until I read this post. I don't want to do it and then run into all of these problems. Just so I'm clear.

1. I have the same Samsung that my 2019 key is on.
2. First remove digital key from Connected App.
3. Remove digital key from car.
4. Renew 2020 digital key online.
5. Then reload it on my phone? I'm not clear on this next step since I did it at the dealer originally and they had to take some steps on their computer.

Are the steps accurate and are they confirmed to work? I was going to originally update my subscription online and then assumed it was going to update automatically. Guess I'm wrong.

Another question, I read we could share a digital key with 5 members. I called BMW and they said you do that online. However, in my BMW portal there is not such option. Any suggestions?
When the ConnectedDrive Support Technician was helping me, he said that future renewals should not require de-installation of the existing key. Upon completing a renewal from within the ConnectedDrive portal you should see the expiration date automatically extend for the next year from within the app. Hopefully they have fixed this because that's where things could get muddy.

If I were doing this again I'd complete the renewal online and see if the date does in fact extend the key expiration date within the app. (Make sure you update apps and services within the car too, after renewing online). So start with step 4 as you've outlined above.

If that fails to update the key expiration date within the app, then yes the order of the steps you've outlined above 2-3, would be what I would attempt next, what I'd be concerned about is step 5, would it know to install the newest key? So I might wait until the a couple last two days of active key then, do 2-3 before expiration. Then day after expiration install the new key.

It's ridiculous if that's how it works, but after going through three months of BS to get it to work again nothing would surprise me. If all these steps fail; work with you local dealer's service dept to get a case opened with the ConnectedDrive services team. Hope your experience is much better than mine.

On your other question about getting five more keys, you're right I'm not seeing how you order those from within the ConnectDrive portal either...they ought to make this easier!

Last edited by ddelX52019G05; 03-05-2020 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: error typo
Appreciate 0