05-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #49
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbomann View Post
I had my own 0-60+ run over the weekend, i was with my wife and 2 of her friends, i was fortunate to get a squeeze with a blue Audi R8! I eventually got behind the R8 a traffic light. What are the chances you get behind a Audi R8 on an open road straight away with a v8 TT 50i? At that point, my instincts kicked in and sport + mode appeared. My wife looked at me and said, “your not really going to do this?” I grinned back. She told her friends to hold on!

No one in the car said a word, the light turns green, and we both punched it! Roaring exhaust sounds of a 50i m-sport vs R8 was ON. It was absolute gorilla violence! We both rocketed straight and instantly climbing to 100mph... i let off. My 50i was on the R8’s bumper like chit on a stick and he never pulled away period. The 50i is that damn quick.

After achieving an insane rush, comfort mode was reactivated and I patted my X5’s dashboard ... “easy girl, easy, you did well”.
pretty impressive! not to mention you had about 3K lbs and 3 extra head on the R8!
Appreciate 0