11-27-2023, 09:58 PM   #28
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
The road is rarely perfectly flat and you won't be able to drive at a perfectly stable speed while the load remains identical...so, there will be opportunities for regeneration to occur in any mode of operation. IOW, while the ICE can cause the EV motor to turn into an alternator, it will occur without needing the ICE to provide that power, at least on occasion, allowing the batteries to recoup some energy. Some modes are more aggressive at it as are some much less likely to enable regeneration (Eco Pro mode primarily coasts when it can and doesn't engage regeneration except in certain situations like hitting the brakes or detecting a vehicle in front of it). While sport tries to maintain a larger buffer expecting you to be calling on full combined ICE plus EV power which obviously requires some battery capacity to be available.

While the guts of the 40i and 50e may be identical, at least with the 45e, they said that some of the hardware does differ. There's a sticky at the top of the forum that has some training details that make some interesting reading. SOme of it is related to starting the engine. THe PHEV has two modes, traditional starter motor and tow-start mode...each puts different loads on things, and the PHEV beefs up the related components.

I haven't checked the LCI 40i and 50e's gear ratios, but the power peak and gear ratios did differ pre-LCI, and probably still do on the LCI. With the higher power available on the LCI, it can turn a little slower which helps with efficiency.
Still keep giving out known, proven incorrect info. what is the purpose of this?
cobramite1229.00